The late Dr. Myles Munroe has made such a great impact in my life. The wisdom he shared in his books and preachings has brought brand new perspective in how I see my own life and how I conduct myself and treat other people.
The other day, I published a blog about, “What is Your Dream?” This post is somehow interconnected to one another, in such a way that this sets you on track to changing your course.
I’ve written a few notes and quotes from one his preachings about The Kingdom Keys to Changing Your Course, which I hope would also give you some fresh insights about your own course in life. Moreso, I hope this would also guide you in making decisions and challenge you to change the course you’re in, if you have probably felt as if you have fallen off track.
This is not a set of ‘how to’s’ but rather a set of questions which you could ponder upon as you assess your own personal life.
As Dr. Myles Munroe clearly pointed out,
“Your mistakes are not more powerful than your purpose.”
“No failure can stop God’s destiny for your life. Only you can stop it!”
“I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’” (Isaiah 46:10 NIV)
This explains that:
- Your destiny is established and finished.
- Your end is finished.
- God didn’t begin before he finished.
- Your destiny is established but is not guaranteed.
Choosing Your Chosen Destiny:
- Because man possesses the power of will, you have to choose your chosen destiny.
- Your destiny is determined by your decisions.
- Your destiny decides your course of life.
- Your choices determined your course.
Questions of the Course:
- Do you know where you want to go?
- Do you know what you want to achieve?
- Do you know the desires of your heart?
- Do you set course to take you to your dream?
- Are you still on the course you set?
- Is the course you are presently on taking you to your destiny?
- Are the things you are presently doing leading to your dream?
- Have you been detoured or distracted from your course?
- Are you satisfied with the course you are on?
The Safety of the Tower:
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. He humbles those who dwell on high, he lays the lofty city low; he levels it to the ground and casts it down to the dust. (Isaiah 26:3-5 NIV)
The Need to Change Course:
- God designs and provides keys and laws to change and keep us on course.
- Every new year allows us to review, renew, revise and refocus our course.
- This year, take the challenge to change your course.
- Don’t let crisis change the course of your life.
- Let choices change your life.
(To listen to whole preaching, please click on the following link: Kingdom Keys to Changing Your Course)
I have always been grateful to God who led me to that very fork in the road that made me decide to change the course of my life. It was March 11, 2007. I can very well remember that moment. That was the beginning, when I accepted Jesus Christ to come into my heart to be Lord of my life. It was one of those sweetest moments – my very first step to the long journey to eternity.
My life was never the same and I never looked back since. I couldn’t imagine what it would have been like if I had stayed on that same course I was in eight years ago. If I had, then perhaps, I might not be here anymore to share this life with you.
I’m glad I made the right choice. So, my prayer is that you do the same as well. I promise you, you’ll never regret it.