I have been searching far and wide, high and low for answers to questions about my personal calling. In my search, I came across an article in the internet (I forgot to write down the name of the writer sorry) but I was able to take down some of the important points in his article. These practical questions actually helped me filter out the things that had been bothering me and directed me to the right path as I seek to delight myself in the Lord.
I hope this note bless you as much as it did to my life.
1. What keeps me awake when I should be falling asleep at night?
– Expose what makes you mad, cry and what lingers.
2. What wakes me up when I should still be sleeping in the morning?
– Uncover what you value, what you’re committed to and what excites you.
3. What are your passions and gifts?
– At the intersection you’ll find your purpose in life.
4. What would you work on or want to do for free?
– God’s design for you.
5. What energised you when you were a child? Does it still animate you?
– Knowing your calling is often directly connected to childhood passions and gifts.
6. If you could do anything and take a pay cut, what would that be?
– You may have to blow up your financial goals in order to pursue your true calling.
7. What barriers are preventing you from pursuing your true calling? Can you begin to removing those?
8. If you aren’t engaging your gifts and talents where you find yourself now, could you make changes in your current role to better engage those?
– Don’t rule out the possibility that where you are is where you need to be.